"New Orleans seem beautiful but pretty creepy too, like shady kind of creepy... Anyway, our hotel is awesome, I'm sharing a room with Caroline. Heading out now, we're going to get some late dinner together. Being on the road like this is hard work, I feel like I could sleep all the time. Doesn't matter, heading out now & hopefully having a nice night with all the others. Laters!"
"Back as soon as possible which still wasn't soon enough. I would have had so much fun with the others IF ### wasn't there. He was shitfaced and I learnt he's a mean (not to mention fucking stupid!) drunk. And he KISSED me, I felt violated. This fucking sucks. He was just too fucking drunk and mean to everyone. He apparently thought he was hilarious, but everyone hated him tonight. He ruined everything. When I'm finally starting to feel comfortable around everyone, ### has to go and do something like this?! Shit. I thought he's such a nice guy, but he turned out to be an asshole when he's drunk. DAMN. Fuck this shit, I refuse to get homesick over this. Thanks to this incident, it also seems I'm not falling in love with Louisiana, I miss Tennessee.I'm going to be all mature about this and just GET OVER IT. I just don't like being touched (OR KISSED, FOR KRISTSAKE) out of nowhere without a warning. I like everyone in my group, but #### fucked up tonight, he really did."
So yeah, that night in New Orleans turned out to be the lowest point on my otherwise awesome roadtrip. Let's just say that I don't tolerate drunken idiots very well... I think I spent the next few days avoiding this guy the best I could, and then I got over it and rest of the trek was just great. No bad feelings, and on the last night I actually let him know how I felt about this notorious night in New Orleans. It's all sorted out and we're still friends. It's just... Ohh well, I guess you all know the feeling when you really look forward to something, and then someone somehow ruins it all? Yeah, it sucks, but luckily I got over it (special thanks to Jeniffer with whom I spent an hour talking about this that night in Messenger - made me feel so much better!)
That night there was also a blackout in New Orleans, and it was actually pretty interesting! =D Like... we don't really have blackouts in Finland, and if we do, backup generators keep most of the lights on anyway, but when it was a blackout in New Orleans, it really was a BLACKOUT. Like, all the lights went out, everywhere! Ohh yes, and it also rained like hell... I think my shoes weren't dry for a week after this one night walking (and getting a little lost) home from French Quarter...
![]() |
| Blackout at our hotel |
But the next day was so much better!
23.3.
"Haha, GREAT day so far - got new tattoos with Caroline! I got that Supernatural symbol to my left shoulder, it's cool! I saw ### and didn't really like it. Ugh. I hope he isn't coming for dinner with us tonight, and I hope he keeps himself busy for the next few days. Well, screw ####, everything else is just great. Had a nice & relaxing day, and hey c'mon, new tattoo!"
Yup, a new tattoo from New Orleans, exactly like I planned earlier. I think this was also the first day I was really hanging out with Caroline, and later we really became friends, which is awesome<3 I was still pretty happy about leaving New Orleans. We happened to be there at the Springbreak time, and the city was so full of drunken stupid students it made me nauseous... So yeah, not a big fan of New Orleans, not a big fan...
![]() |
| Mississippi river - this is where Hurricane Catharina entered New Orleans |
![]() |
| random building that looked nice! |
![]() |
| from French Quarter |
BTW it's no wonder they filmed Interview with the Vampire in New Orleans... French Quarter is just beautiful and scary enough! A lot of shady bars and voodoo shops too.




1 comment:
I'm still insanely jealous you got that tattoo. It's my aim to get it too but it's where. I've always said a small one behind my ear but I want to be a care worker so don't think they'd tolerate that, ha!
And I'm sorry some drunk idjit ruined your night in New Orleans but it's good that you talked to him about it afterwards.
Post a Comment