This is a back-up blog for my main blog CLOSED CASES & NEW LEADS. I'm using this blog only when I need some extra space for my posts, and it all operates via Closed Cases & New Leads. Please don't bother following this blog.
-Sanna

26 April 2012

Reyakjavik, Iceland

7.-11.4


Okay... it didn't really work out for me in Iceland, and I know I'm the one to blame. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Iceland, except for me the fact that it wasn't the USA. I know, sounds pathetic, but it's the truth.

First of all, my flight was in Iceland around 7AM in the morning, and I couldn't get to my hotel room before 2PM. To make it "perfect" it was eastern, and practically EVERYTHING in Iceland was closed. In the end I went to the Blue Lagoon to kill some time. Swimming was lovely, but I couldn't really enjoy it because I had been up for the past 28 hours, and all I wanted was to get to my hotel room and SLEEP. Also, you can imagine my shock when I arrived from sunny +30*C California to Iceland, where it was barely over 0*C, wind from the sea and raining. Yes, I was freezing, my fingers and toes blue all the time.


artsy photo of Reyakjavik

Blue Lagoon
 .
.
.
So, there isn't much photos of Iceland. Ashamed, I admit that I spent most of my time in this wonderful country curled up in my hotel room and feeling sorry for myself. I did some nice book shopping and took a couple of walks around the city centre in Reyakjavik, that's all I did. Most of time I was just sleeping or trying to sleep or taking a hot shower.

People in Iceland were really nice, and everyone spoke really good English. There was also a lot of American tourists, which weirdly made me feel better. Ugh, and then I met two Finnish girls, and listening to my own language made me feel even worse, I didn't want to hear it! ><

Don't get me wrong, and please understand that all these negative feelings were just because I loved my trip in America so much. I am definitely willing to go back to Iceland some day. This was just a wrong way and time to do it, this time. Reyakjavik was a nice little city, like I said, people were nice and bookstores had awesome selections of books in English.

¤
¤
¤

I can't come up with any fancy words to finish this story about my adventure in America. I'll just quote you my favorite song from the road, I think I listened it around 80 times, and still counting. Please give it a listen, even if you're not into this kind of music. From now on, this song will always make me emotional, because I know IT'S AMERICA (by Rodney Atkins)

...It's a high school prom
It's a springstein song
It's a ride in a Chevrolet
It's a man on the moon
And fireflies in June
Kids sellin' lemonade
It's cities and farms
It's a kid with a chance
It's a rock n roll band
It's a farmer cuttin' hay
It's a flag blowin' in the summer wind
over some fallen hero's grave.
It's cities and farms
And open arms
One nation under god
It's america....
 


yours truly-

xxo

No comments: