"On our way to Texas, 7H driving day... Will will (lol) leave us after Santa Fe, which is sad, he's such a nice guy and the group won't be the same without him. Flat & big. Everything is flat and big here. Damn watching Supernatural will feel weird/awesome/sad after this roadtrip; I simply love being on the road TOO MUCH!"
![]() |
| just arrived in LONE STAR STATE |
We stopped for a night in Houston, but I cannot say I've actually been in Houston - we never got to see the city, because we arrived late and stayed in a camping site god-knows-where. Of course it would have been nice to see the city, but actually I don't mind too much. Like I said, I loved camping on this trip, so I was completely fine with a lazy night w/ BBQ and chilling out before taking off early the next morning.
![]() |
| our van & trailer in Houston, TX |
25.3.
"What a fine place to write a diary - in front of Alamo in San Antonio, sunny day, we're all together just laying around half asleep (lol) Nice. I've been riding the shotgun today and I LOVE IT! :D So cool."
On our way from Houston to Austin, we stopped in San Antonio for a few hours. Walked through Alamo, but didn't really pay much attention. Everyone was feeling a little loopy, so we ended up buying cold drinks and just chilling out and people-watching, which was surprisingly awesome way to spend an afternoon.
In the evening we arrived in Austin, which turned out to be a beautiful city. We didn't do anything special; walked around a little, got ourselves something to eat and at least I went to sleep early!
![]() |
| random "arriving in Austin" photo |
26.3.
"Half way through, NOOOOO...!! I want to stay on the road! Today is a driving day, which is fine, except I miss my MP3 player which I forgot in the trailer. We left 7AM and I think I slept 3H and now after a coffee I'm just fine ^^ Just annoyed with listening Danish! Must remember MP3 player from now on! Hopefully we stop pretty soon or the Danish go sleeping or soon I'll yell them to SHUT THE FUCK UP. 8H driving day going fast, only 4 more hours to go... (YAY, I think the Danish just decided to take a nap!)"
This night we stayed in Lubbock, and you can read my story about it HERE.
![]() |
| "Get the gorilla!" Lubbock, TX |








2 comments:
Ah Texas, another place high on my to visit list. I think I'm just going to have to find a tour like this. It'll be great.
The girls are still talking Danish!? How rude!
@Helennn
ohh yeah, the danish... they were kind of outsiders on our tour, you know like, the rest of us did stuff as a group, but they always kept to themselves. Not to gossip, but we really wondered what the hell they were doing on our tour in the first place - like if we had a night off in some city, all of us (minus the danish) headed out to explore, and we asked them the next morning what they did, they were like "well... we stayed in our hotel room and watched movies" - seriously!
In a sense I was happy I was the only one from Finland on our tour, just because then I didn't have anyone with whom to speak my own language - I guess you easily slip into that if you have a chance? Anyway, I guess everyone in our group develop some sort of Danish Angst during the roadtrip xD Since I speak swedish, I at least understood some of their bubbling but let me tell you - it didn't make tolerating it any easier! xD
Post a Comment